Eternal Knights of Norrath

EKoN

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Dragons Dragons Dragons Anniversary Raid

Todd Creed (Calric/Taniza/Gayas)

Dragon Waves: 1. Lord Nagafen 2. Lady Vox 3. a dracoliche 4. Gorenaire 5. Trakanon 6. Phara Dar 7. Lord Yelinak 8. Vulak`Aerr 9. The four warders of Sleeper's Tomb 10. Quarm 11. Kessdona the Enlightened 12. Yar`Lir the Living Storm 13. Ashenback 14. Shar`Drahn 15. Tsikut 16. Vishimtar the Fallen 17. Lethar (the second version, alongside Selay the Brokenwing) 18. Big Bynn I 19. Brood Mother Visziaj 20. Kerafyrm the Awakened

March 18, 2011 at 5:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vishimtar the Fallen Remove any damage shield buffs you may have before engaging. Vishimtar hits for ~4000; AE rampages (mitigated to ~1000); enrages; and casts Shadow, Aura, and Withering Corruption throughout the event. Four incorporeal shadows spawn at around 75% health. If an incorporeal shadow (low hits; low hitpoints) is killed, a lifedrain shadow (hits for 2000; flurries) spawns in its place. After a random amount of time passes after being engaged (~3-6 minutes), tainted eggs begin spawning at somewhat random intervals (~75-120 seconds). Only blunt weapons have an effect on eggs. If they are not killed in good time, several corrupted drakelings (hit for ~1200; flurry) will spawn. Four corrupted drakes get into the action at 50%. They are snareable and should be kited, as they respawn immediately upon being killed. Beginning at 25% health, Vishimtar begins casting Creeping Doom at 45 second intervals. Four random players will be hit at a time. This spell must be cured within ~48 seconds of it hitting otherwise the affected player will be deathtouched. To cure, say "shoulder my burden" to one of the mournful spirits roaming the perimeter of the cavern. For each player cured of the DT, Vishimtar can be damaged another 1%. If anyone dies, or goes linkdead, at any time in the event, a spirit wraith (mezzable; hits for ~1500) will spawn in their place (this does not include pet deaths). Killing a cloud of concentrated chaos will fill up everyone's health and mana. Following Vishimtar's death, his AE effects will wear off and all adds will despawn. A chest with additional loot spawns. Vishimtar roars furiously, 'Who would dare encroach upon our home and disturb the nest? I must protect the eggs.' Note: If you are killed by the mobs that require kite/mez. Once you die, your body will spawn one of them. By this I mean they 2 of them kill 2 players. 2 rise from where they died, making 4 mobs. 2 of them kill 4 players, now you kite/mez 6. They kill 10, you kite/mez 12. Etc Etc until entire raid is dead. Spawns four incorporeal shadows as it drops from 77% to 75% health. You can't kill these, they auto respawn and become tougher and tougher each time. Only can kite via ranger/bard. Or mez with enchanters. Starts spawning tainted eggs upon reaching ~70-75%. Only can be killed with blunt weapons. If you do not kill, they break open and 4-5 mobs come out which must be kited or mez'ed. You kill, they respawn stronger. Corrupted drakes get into the action at 50%. Same deal. Kite/Mez. Begins casts of Creeping Doom at 25%. This is an instant kill spell if you let it countdown. There is npc called Mounrful Spirits or something like that. They look like white clouds. Have youe entire raid Hotkey saying "Shoulder my burden." When Vish starts doing the DT (death touch) spell he can no longer be Dps. You have to wait for a player to get the spell on him. Run and say shoulder my burden. Once the spell is removed, Vish can now go down exactly 1%. You must do this from 25% to 0% (Death). Remember, if you ignore it and you die. The Dark Blues spawn upon ur death and pwn the raid unless kited/mez'ed. Another fight similar to this is Warden Hanvar in CoA. Key Points: All the Mobs Besides Vish and Eggs (Anything Dark Blue, such as the mobs spawned from death, spawned from eggs, the drakes) have EXTREMELY low Hp. So you must make sure EVERYONE in raid has NO damage shield what so ever. REMEMBER there is a Druid Heal AA that has a Damage Shield Built into it. Tells Rangrs not to Buff the raid with the Damage shield buffs. (Guard of The Earth, Etc). No Clickies with Ds. The Dark Blue mobs hit you about 5 times and die to ds. Now you fight 2. They both die, you fight 4. Dark blue Mobs do round 250-750 Dps on my mage. They die they get stronger. Also, there is a white cloud NPC, i forgot name. Its before the Shoulder My Burden guys spawn. You Pwn it, it gives entire raid like 10,000 Hp and 10,000 mana. Make sure you use it at a good time. Positioning: This enables Vish to be killed. This fight is ALL about positioning. Vish has THE farthest melee range in Everquest. You can literally snipe him with melee. I was backstabbing with my Rogue from a wizard's casting range. This kinda helps with Rampage if you can get it down right. Also his rampage is one of the weakest in Eq. The way we killed him was we hoisted his ass waaaaay up on the rock behind him. There is a mountain he pathes infront of. Have the warrior sock him to get aggro. Make him face left. (When you zone into the zone, it will be the left your character is facing.) Be sure to fight him at the very top of the Mountain thing. So his head will be almost touching the roof of the zone. If done right, you don't have to worry about push, and his rampages getting hits on casters. Added info: Just a couple of things to add to what Santhen said... -Once they start spawning eggs spawn throughout the raid and must be killed quickly -if they hatch you wipe. -The key phrase for Creeping Doom is "shoulder MY burden". Also if you are a cleric you can hit DA right when your icon is flashing and avoid death. This saves a mournful spirit for someone else as they do despawn after one use and you have to wait for another one. (several usually up at one time)Bestow DA can also be used to save MT and avoid him running around as the spirits spawn and roam along the edge of the platform. -Each death or LD in this raid causes a skele mob to spawn with decent dps, left unchecked this can easily add up and wipe you. -The 4 weak dervs that spawn melee for only 20-50 a hit, the biggest annoyance is their huge knockback/stun. Make sure to DMF the raid so you don't get people knocked off the platform. Also these guys are not mezzable and only have about 100 hps so you need to make sure the raid is without DS and pets. Once you kill one it respawns as a nasty derv that can kill in one round, but is mezzable so organize the kill and have an enc ready. I believe some of these nastier dervs also have a chance of spawning from the 75% mark but keep em mezzed and they despawn in a later phase. -The DoT Vish's Shadow is cast throughout the fight every minute or two and hits for over a k in hp and some trivial amount of mana. Hiding behind the large rock on the platform does not protect you. I believe it can be cured with RC3+ otherwise it lasts about 30 seconds. -Resists are useless in this fight so save the slot for other buffs.

March 18, 2011 at 6:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lethar (second encounter) This is an event in the Ashengate North raid expedition. This event spawns upon completion of the encounter with Dyn`Leth the Firstborn. Lethar, now illusioned as a High Elf, can be found alongside Selay the Brokenwing just south of the scale area. They con KOS, but will not attack (yet). You say, 'Hail, Lethar' Lethar says 'You've done enough damage, mortal. It's time you departed from Ashengate and left the devoted followers of Veeshan alone to pick up the shattered pieces of our empire. We will rebuild the reliquary. I will continue to guard after the Scale, watching it as I always have. Selay, my dearest, you can leave as well. You will be in my thoughts, and I appreciate that you've kept me in yours.' Selay the Brokenwing is visibly stunned, 'Wait, Lethar. I traveled here to be with you! I have long dreamt of the day we could see each other again. . .' Lethar says 'There is only room in this temple for one great guardian, my dear.' Selay the Brokenwing says 'But, please. What about . . .?' Lethar cuts Selay off, abruptly, 'Our love? Don't be naive. Affection is subject to fade and change. Obligation is forever. The right to stand guard here is mine and mine alone. The Scale belongs to me. No one will [deny] me this - not my son, not meddling outsiders, and certainly not you, Selay.' You say, 'Hail, Selay the Brokenwing' Selay the Brokenwing pleads with Lethar, 'I beg of you. Let me stay in the reliquary by your side. Life has no meaning unless we are together.' You say, 'We will deny you!' Lethar says 'You will not deny me the right to the Scale of Veeshan! Leave this place, or [die].' You say, 'You will die!' Lethar blinds the raid (briefly) and attacks in dragon form. Lethar max hits for ~7,000, single-target rampages, and enrages. He casts two spells throughout the encounter: Lethar's Breath of Corruption: Directional [frontal] 500', (-50 Corruption) 1: Decrease HP when cast by 8000 2: Decrease Hitpoints by 800 per tick 3: Decrease Agro Multiplier by 10% 4: Increase corruption counter by 16 Shadow of Lethar: PB AE 2000', (-50 Corruption) 1: Decrease HP when cast by 8000 2: Decrease Hitpoints by 800 per tick Also: Every four minutes, Lethar AEs one of two DT triggers on everyone. Who gets which spell is random. Doom Shadow: Single Target, Unresistable (-1000 Corruption) 1: Improved Spell Effect(Doom Shadow Trigger) 2: Increase corruption counter by 4 Doom Shadow must be cured by single-target corruption cure spells. If it is not cured, the inflicted player will receive a death touch. Sunset's Shadow: Single Target, Unresistable (-1000 Corruption) 1: Increase Max Hitpoints by 20000 2: Increase HP when cast by 20000 3: Increase corruption counter by 4 Sunset's Shadow should NOT be cured. Instead, someone inflicted with this spell should have their health topped off. Doing so will allow them to survive the spell "Setting Sun" which will land soon after Sunset's Shadow. Setting Sun: Single Target, Unresistable (-1000) 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 32000 You will also have to contend with a mirrorscale drake throughout the entire encounter. This drake is unattackable and will move to different locations around Lethar. Lethar must be kept facing AWAY from the drake. If he is facing the drake when his frontal AE goes off, the drake will reflect it onto the rest of the raid. You will also have the same drake adds to contend with as you did in the original Lethar encounter. Upon initiating this event, Lethar spawns a number of drakes. A lotus breath drake casts: Cone of Sweet Breath: Directional 500', Cold (-500) 1: Decrease Mana by 1000 The fleshrender drake and monitor drake are pure melee. Once Lethar hits 75%, he will go inactive and move down the hallway. This resets his aggro, so watch out. Also at this point, Selay the Brokenwing goes active. Selay spreads her battered wings wide and growls, 'I warned you that I would kill you myself if you sought to slay my mate. You don't live as long as I have as a pacifist. I've not forgotten how to crush the bones of mortals, when I have to.' She max hits for ~5,000 and AEs the spell "Selay Stomp": Selay Stomp: PB AE 75', Magic (-1000) 1: Shadowstep 2: Decrease Hitpoints by 4000 Once Lethar hits 50%, he again goes inactive and moves down the hallway. Selay cries out, 'Lethar, you are wounded! I cannot bear the thought of losing you again. . . Be careful!' Lethar glares at Selay, 'I do not need your help, nor your pity. The reason I am in this position is because you sent these mortals here.' Selay pleads, 'For your own good, Lethar!' Another drake spawns, this one called "a thunder breath drake". It cannot be attacked and moves around to various locations AEing a large DD spell: Lightning Breath Attack: Unknown(44) 10', Unresistable (0) 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 12000 Avoid this drake. Once Lethar hits 25%, he goes inactive and moves to his final position. Selay leaves the fight at this point. Selay cries out, 'Do not worry, I will remain by your side until the bitter end. We were destined to be mates centuries ago.' Lethar glares at Selay, 'Ironic as it may be, Veldyn was a better mate than you ever were, Selay. If I could trade your life for another brief moment with her, I would.' Selay's expression shifts dramatically. As she stares at Lethar, her look of concern melts away, replaced by a gaze of pure contempt. Selay growls, her voice breaking with emotion, 'Kill him.' Keep it up until he is dead. Lethar has been slain by _____! Your faction standing with Captains of Dyn`leth could not possibly get any worse. Your faction standing with Infiltrators and Traitors of Ashengate could not possibly get any better.

March 18, 2011 at 6:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

18 Big Bynn I ehind Falrazim is a steel door which is used to enter the zone, Tinmizer's Wunderwerks. The event is triggered through dialogue, so you can position people ahead of time. You say, 'Hail, Tinmizer' Tinmizer says 'Falrazim actually found some folks stup . . . er . . . brave enough to test my genius in the form of my clockwork dragon?! What luck that I am fully prepared for this day! Take your time and strike when you're ready to [begin]!' You say, 'We are ready to begin' Tinmizer says 'It's your hide! I'm gonna take 'im to the limit!' Big Bynn I's clockwork cogs, springs, and wheels whir with life! Big Bynn I attacks. It hits for a max of ~10,000, does NOT rampage or flurry, but does enrage. These melee abilities do not change, and he stays active throughout the encounter up until when he reaches 10% health. Note that throughout the event, random groups will be ported into Big Bynn's stomach. Inside, the group has to kill six digested crystals in order to get ported back out. Also, they will have to contend with "a gutscrubber" adds and a DoT aura: Powergut Acid 1: Decrease HP when cast by 1500 2: Decrease Hitpoints by 1500 per tick As well as: Powergut Shockwave 1: Decrease HP when cast by 2000 2: Decrease Hitpoints by 2000 per tick 3: Decrease Mana by 300 per tick 4: Decrease Stats by 100 5: Decrease Movement by 80% 6: Improved Spell Effect(Powergut Shockwave Recourse) Which leads to a DT if not ported out before it runs its course: Powergut Shockwave Recourse 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 90000 This fight can be broken down into stages. Stage 1 (100% - 90%) Drop Big Bynn from 100% to about 90%. Nothing special here. Stage 2 (90% - ?? %) At about 90%: Tinmizer says, 'Clearly some tuning is needed here. I'm going to feed him power crystals. Drop the blazing faycites! It's SUPPER TIME! Don't be fussy my friend!' Big Bynn eyes the crystals ravenously, but is distracted and takes his time. Five crystals called "Blazing Faycite" spawn around Big Bynn I (in front of the Crystal-o-Matic steamworks). Kill these crystals as soon as possible. A short time after they appear, Big Bynn will attempt to eat them. You will see one of the following: Each crystal Big Bynn consumes makes his eyes grow brighter. Big Bynn looks disappointed at the lack of crystals to consume. Each crystal Big Bynn consumes makes his eyes grow brighter. Big Bynn consumed X crystals. (Where X is the number of crystals remaining.) The more crystals he consumes, the more health he will gain back (prolonging this stage) and the more frequently he will cast his AE for this stage: Blaze of Glory: PB AE 1000', Fire (-1000) 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 12000 Once Big Bynn reaches (what health %?), the AEs stop and Stage 3 begins. Stage 3 (?? % - ?? %) Tinmizer says, 'No! No! No! No! This simply won't do. Let's amp things up a bit shall we? Let's try these tasty shivercite crystals on for size!' Big Bynn hungrily eyes the crystals as he defends himself. Five crystals called "Shivercite" spawn around Big Bynn I. Kill these crystals as soon as possible. A short time after they appear, Big Bynn will attempt to eat them. You will see one of the following: Big Bynn's eyes flash with greater icy fury with each crystal he consumes! Big Bynn looks disappointed at the lack of crystals to consume. Big Bynn's eyes flash with greater icy fury with each crystal he consumes! Big Bynn consumed X crystals. (Where X is the number of crystals remaining.) The more crystals he consumes, the more health he will gain back (prolonging this stage) and the more frequently he will cast his AE for this stage: Shiverspine: PB AE 1000', Cold (-1000) 1: Decrease Spell Haste by 50% 2: Limit: Effect(Hitpoints allowed) 3: Decrease Chance to Hit by 50% with 1H Blunt 4: Decrease Movement by 90% 5: Decrease HP when cast by 6000 6: Decrease Hitpoints by 6000 per tick Once Big Bynn reaches (what health %?), the AEs stop and Stage 4 begins. Stage 4 (?? % - ?? %) Tinmizer says, 'What in the . . . You people should be utterly destroyed by now. Come on Bynn! Eat these up! Skynate, skynate is good for your heart, the more you eat them, the more you . . . fight!' Big Bynn is hungry for more power, but turns his eyes to Tinmizer for a moment. Five crystals called "Skynate" spawn around Big Bynn I. Kill these crystals as soon as possible. A short time after they appear, Big Bynn will attempt to eat them. You will see one of the following: Big Bynn's eyes take on a cloudy sheen as he eats the crystals! Big Bynn looks disappointed at the lack of crystals to consume. Big Bynn's eyes take on a cloudy sheen as he eats the crystals! Big Bynn consumed X crystals. (Where X is the number of crystals remaining.) The more crystals he consumes, the more health he will gain back (prolonging this stage) and the more frequently he will cast his AE for this stage: Skyslam: Directional 0', Magic (-1000) 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 4500 2: Decrease Mana by 4500 3: Decrease Endurance by 1000 4: Stun(5.00 sec) Once Big Bynn reaches (what health %?), the AEs stop and Stage 5 begins. Stage 5 (?? % - ?? %) Tinmizer says, 'Doing better Bynn, I think they're feeling your power now! Let's fine-tune you a bit with some feralcore crystals! Gobbledy-gobbledy!' Big Bynn's eyes flash with a maniacal mechanical madness as he eyes the room, fixing his gaze on Tinmizer. Five crystals called "Feralcore Faycite" spawn around Big Bynn I. Kill these crystals as soon as possible. A short time after they appear, Big Bynn will attempt to eat them. You will see one of the following: Big Bynn's glowing core burns brighter with each crystal he eats. Big Bynn looks disappointed at the lack of crystals to consume. Big Bynn's glowing core burns brighter with each crystal he eats. Big Bynn consumed X crystals. (Where X is the number of crystals remaining.) The more crystals he consumes, the more health he will gain back (prolonging this stage) and the more frequently he will cast his AE for this stage: Frenzied Breath: PB AE 1000', Disease (-1000) 1: Decrease HP when cast by 6400 2: Decrease Hitpoints by 6400 per tick 3: Decrease Chance to Hit by 80% with 1H Blunt Once Big Bynn reaches (what health %?), the AEs stop and Stage 6 begins. Stage 6 (?? % - 10%) How about a touch of a tummy ache with some foulvein faycite? I bet that will get your cogs in overdrive! Big Bynn looks around the room as though he's confused. Five crystals called "Foulvein Faycite" spawn around Big Bynn I. Kill these crystals as soon as possible. A short time after they appear, Big Bynn will attempt to eat them. You will see one of the following: Big Bynn eats all the crystals and suddenly opens his maw and sweeps up Tinmizer and swallows him! The clockwork dragon convulses . . . Big Bynn looks disappointed at the lack of crystals to consume. Big Bynn eats all the crystals and suddenly opens his maw and sweeps up Tinmizer and swallows him! The clockwork dragon convulses . . . Big Bynn consumed X crystals. (Where X is the number of crystals remaining.) The more crystals he consumes, the more health he will gain back (prolonging this stage) and the more frequently he will cast his AE for this stage: Fetid Stench: PB AE 600', Disease (-415) 1: Decrease HP when cast by 6500 2: Decrease Hitpoints by 3250 per tick 3: Decrease Mana by 1200 per tick 4: Decrease Endurance by 300 per tick 5: Decrease Melee Mitigation by 15% 6: Decrease Stats by 100 7: Increase Disease Counter by 9 8: Increase Disease Counter by 9 9: Increase Disease Counter by 9 10: Increase Disease Counter by 9 11: Increase Disease Counter by 9 Since Big Bynn just ate Tinmizer, you no longer have to deal with crystals at this point. Big Bynn, however, will fire off some one-time spells (they may be recast if this portion of the fight takes too long): When Sparks Fly: PB AE 1000', Magic (-1000) 1: Decrease HP when cast by 3000 2: Decrease Hitpoints by 3000 per tick 3: Decrease Mana by 3000 per tick 4: Silence 5: Root 6: Increase Chance to Hit by 80% with 1H Blunt Fizzle: PB AE 1000', Unresistable (0) 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 4200 2: Decrease Mana by 1000 3: Decrease Endurance by 1000 4: Stun(3.00 sec) Beat him down to 10% at which point the final stage begins. Stage 7 (10% - 0%) Big Bynn spits out Tinmizer! Tinmizer says, 'Ew! I think my skin is rotting! Foul bucket of bolts! Kill that rusty BEAST before he eats us all! Big Bynn casts the spell Crystal Fever, then goes inactive. Crystal Fever: PB AE 1000', Magic (-1000) 1: Decrease Spell Mana Cost by 10% 2: Limit: Effect(Hitpoints allowed) 3: Decrease Attack Speed by 30% 5: Unknown #348 (100/10/0) 6: Decrease Hitpoints by 4000 per tick 7: Decrease HP when cast by 4000 Three large golems spawn. They have a lot of hitpoints and hit hard (quad for ~7,000). Blazing Golem emits a chaotic crystal magic as it charges forward. Skynate Golem emits a chaotic crystal magic as it charges forward. Shivercite Golem emits a chaotic crystal magic as it charges forward. Once these three golems are dead, Big Bynn goes active again. Be aware he casts the spell "Crystal Fever" fairly frequently from now until his death. Big Bynn I has been slain by _____! Your faction standing with Steam Factory Flunkies got worse. Your faction standing with Brownie Rebels got better. Big Bynn I's corpse clangs and whirs as cogs and springs spray across Tinmizer's lab. Tinmizer says, 'Whew! I didn't think we'd make it. I have a few adjustments to make, but I think my mighty creation is ready thanks to you . . . ready for what, I will never tell! Up! Up! And away I go!' Against all expectations, you smote that tick-tocking dragon and proved Big Bynn to be a suitable foe for Meldrath and his maniacal minions! Crystals spawn based on Big Bryn I's health. Here is the list of %s: 85% - Blazing Faycite 75% - Shivercite 62% - Skynate 50% - Feralcore Faycite 39% - Foulverin Faycite Crystals spawn 5 at a time. 3 to the South and 2 to the North of Big Bryn I. If you can make sure to kill all the crystals in time this event is easy. You won't have to deal with any AEs. Make sure your raid knows that killing crystals fast is the most important thing your raid can do.

March 18, 2011 at 6:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

19 Brood Mother Visziaj The zone-in portal also acts as a trap door. It leads to the basement of Crystallos. The first set of rooms is for the Brood Mother event. The Wyverns In the first room is a wyvern called "Dar`Kelor". In the next room (a giant hatchery) is the Brood Mother (stick to the walls to pass her). In the furthest room is another wyvern called "Ki`Mrash". Kill Dar`Kelor, then Ki`Mrash. They each hit for ~8,000; enrage; and cast the spell "Wing Blast". Dar`Kelor flurries while Ki`Mrash AE rampages (the only noticable difference between the two). Wing Blast: PB AE 60', Unresistable (0) 1: Unknown #380 (100/2/0) (a knockback)) 2: Decrease Hitpoints by 10000 While the rest of the raid moves back out to the Brood Mother's room, someone with FD should stay in each of these rooms (more on this in a moment). The Brood Mother The next part of the event is triggered by approaching the Brood Mother: Brood Mother Visziaj shouts 'The eggs are in danger! Awaken them quickly to help deal with these intruders!' The four drake egg tenders (unattackable) make their way to the two wyvern rooms (two drakes per room). They hatch the eggs in those room. Whoever is FD'd in those rooms can keep the adds contained to that room (keep them aggro? or just remain FD?), otherwise those adds will make their way to the raid (adds are wyvern whelps and drakelings). Meanwhile, the Brood Mother (unattackable at this point) walks around the hatchery and hatches her own eggs. The air around Brood Mother Visziaj shimmers for a moment before eggs on either side of her shatter. There are six types of young dragons: blue, gold, black, white, green, and red. There is nothing special about these adds; they have a few minor aura type effects and have few hps. After 2-4 minutes, the Brood Mother will walk back onto her platform and become active. IMPORTANT: At this point, no adds should be killed within her line of sight. Take them out into the hallway. If she sees an add killed, she'll grow temporarily stronger: Brood Mother Visziaj goes berserk at the death of one of her young. ...Until calming down a short time later: Brood Mother Visziaj begins to regain control of herself. AEs The Brood Mother has three emotes, but doesn't seem to cast any directional spells (please let us know if there are other spells cast in addition to those listed here): Brood Mother Visziaj raises her left claw, preparing to rake her enemies. Brood Mother Visziaj rears back and inhales, preparing to unleash a cone of ice. Brood Mother Visziaj begins to lash her tail, preparing to attack the intruders behind her. She also casts the following spells throughout the encounter ("Siphon" hits several people at a time when cast): Brood Mother's Meteor Shower: Targeted AE 30', Prismatic (-250) 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 10000 2: Stun(0.10 sec) Corruption of the Brood Mother: PB AE 400', Prismatic (-250) 1: Increase Spell Damage by 0% 2: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed 3: Decrease All Skills Minimum Damage Modifier by 100% 4: Increase corruption counter by 50 Crystal Chill Vapors: PB AE 15', Cold (-475) 1: Decrease HP when cast by 1250 2: Decrease Hitpoints by 750 per tick 3: Stun(0.50 sec) Siphon of Visziaj: Single Target, Chromatic (-400) 1: Decrease Mana by 2000 2: Decrease Endurance by 2000 3: Decrease Hitpoints by 4000 Later into the fight, an aura called "Visziaj's Presence" takes effect at her fight position (it is not known what this does): Visziaj's Presence: Single Target, Unresistable (0) 1: Increase Spell Damage by 0% 2: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed Loot Finish off the Brood Mother for the win. Any adds that are up will despawn upon her death. Brood Mother Visziaj has been slain by _____! With the departure of the Brood Mother's support the young hatchlings collapse to the ground and die. The egg tenders flee the rooms in fear. Your faction standing with Loyalists of Kerafyrm got worse. Your faction standing with Disciples of Kerafyrm got worse. Your faction standing with Claws of Veeshan got better. Your faction standing with Yelinak got better. Your faction standing with Crusaders of Veeshan got better.

March 18, 2011 at 6:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

20. Kerafyrm the Awakened Kerafyrm has a very large aggro range (about the entire room he sits in) and summons from 100%, so approach cautiously. He hits for a max ~15,000; single-target rampages; AE rampages for full damage; and enrages (does NOT flurry). He has a lot of hitpoints. There is a lot to this event. Unavoidable AEs Kerafyrm casts the spell "Kerafyrm's Rage" every 9-11 seconds. It will hit everyone on his hatelist, interrupting whatever spell they may be casting at the time. The only way to circumvent this is to time your spells so that you cast and finish them by the time the next AE gets cast. Kerafyrm's Rage: NPC Hatelist 0', Unresistable (0) 1: Unknown #343 (100/100/0) Every 30-35 seconds Kerafyrm emotes the following while simultaneously casting the spells "Kerafyrm Wing Flap-Left" and "Kerafyrm Wing Flap-Right", hitting anyone on his left or right sides: Kerafyrm the Awakened flaps his wings and a mighty wind fills the chamber! Kerafyrm Wing Flap-Left: Directional 500', Fire (-500) 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 20000 Kerafyrm Wing Flap-Right: Directional 500', Fire (-500) 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 20000 Also throughout the event he casts "Kerafyrm's Glare" on seemingly random people: Kerafyrm's Glare: Unknown(39) 0', Magic (0) 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 3300 The Heralds and Preventing Emote-Based AEs Four drake Heralds are found in Kerafyrm's room: You say, 'Hail, Grendish`s Herald' Grendish`s Herald regards you somberly. 'I can aid you, _____, but my powers are limited before the king of Dragons. Choose moment by moment if you wish me to [support] you and your companions or if you desire for me to [thwart] the mighty Kerafyrm, if I am able.' You say, 'Hail, Jortrev`s Herald' Jortrev`s Herald regards you somberly. 'I can aid you, _____, but my powers are limited before the king of Dragons. Choose moment by moment if you wish me to [assist] you and your companions or if you desire for me to [frustrate] the mighty Kerafyrm, if I am able.' You say, 'Hail, Charayan`s Herald' Charayan`s Herald regards you somberly. 'I can aid you, _____, but my powers are limited before the king of Dragons. Choose moment by moment if you wish me to [support] you and your companions or if you desire for me to [thwart] the mighty Kerafyrm, if I am able.' You say, 'Hail, Susarrak`s Herald' Susarrak`s Herald regards you somberly. 'I can aid you, _____, but my powers are limited before the king of Dragons. Choose moment by moment if you wish me to [assist] you and your companions or if you desire for me to [frustrate] the mighty Kerafyrm, if I am able.' During the encounter Kerafyrm will emote warnings that he's about to AE. You can use these Heralds to "frustrate" or "thwart" him into not casting a spell. You can only use a Herald once every so often (how much time?). If you try to use one before they've recovered from their previous prevention, they'll say they're unable to help. The emotes: "The mighty prismatic dragon prepares a terrible tail strike!" means that in 10 seconds you'll see... "The mighty prismatic dragon unleashes a terrible tail strike!" ...as he casts "Prismatic Tail Rake": Prismatic Tail Rake: Directional 150', (-120) 2: Decrease Hitpoints by 20000 "Kerafyrm tenses for a charge that will overwhelm his foes!" means that in 10 seconds you'll see... "Kerafyrm charges forward!" ...as he casts "Prismatic Charge": Prismatic Charge: Directional 150', (-120) 2: Decrease Hitpoints by 20000 "Kerafyrm prepares to roar!" means that in 10 seconds you'll see... "Kerafyrm the Awakened roars!" ...as he casts "Roar of Power": Roar of Power: Directional 150', (-120) 1: Stun(0.50 sec) 2: Decrease Hitpoints by 20000 "All in the room stagger forward as Kerafyrm draw in a long breath and prepares to exhale." means that in 10 seconds you'll see... "Kerafyrm exhales a blast of magical prismatic energy!" ...as he casts "Prismatic Breath": Prismatic Breath: Directional 200', (-120) 1: Decrease Spell Haste by 25% 2: Decrease HP when cast by 20000 3: Inhibit Melee Attacks by(25%) 4: Decrease Movement by 35% 5: Decrease INT by 100 6: Decrease WIS by 100 7: Decrease STR by 100 8: Decrease AGI by 100 You can block the above four spells by using the Heralds in the 10 second timeframe between emote and cast. A successful spell block will look like this: You say, 'Frustrate him' Susarrak`s Herald gathers together the power to try to thwart the mighty Kerafyrm. Kerafyrm blinks in confusion, temporarily unable to act. If the Herald is too tired to help, you will see something like this: Grendish`s Herald peers at you, to exhausted to respond to your request. If you ask again in a few moments he may be able to help you. The Heralds and Beneficial Buffs to the Raid The Heralds can also "assist" you if you ask them to. Again, they can only be used every so often. The benefits are as follows (each lasts for three ticks (18 seconds)): Charayan's Blessing: Single Target, Unresistable (0) 1: Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 35% 2: Hundred Hands Effect Grendish's Blessing: Single Target, Unresistable (0) 1: Mitigate Melee Damage by 50%, 10000 total 2: Increase Endurance by 1000 per tick Jortrev's Blessing: Single Target, Unresistable (0) 1: Decrease Spell/Bash Hate by 50% 2: Critical Heal(20) Susarrak's Blessing: Single Target, Unresistable (0) 1: Spell Crit Chance(10) 9: Increase Mana by 1000 per tick Wyvern Assassins Once Kerafyrm reaches 75% health, wyvern assassins begin spawning one at a time in the hallway, aggro immediately on the heralds and attempt to kill them (the heralds do not fight back). If the heralds die, you'll lose your ability to prevent the above AEs and the wyverns will start attacking your raid. You will want to kill these wyverns. A catch: If you hit a wyvern while on Kerafyrm's hatelist, you will power up that wyvern. Anyone on adds should stay off Kerafyrm's hatelist. These adds stop spawning at 35%, at which point the add group can join in on Kerafyrm. The Crystals Beginning at around 75% and approximately every 60 seconds for the rest of the encounter, a giant crystal spawns on top of Kerafyrm. It will float around the room for a few moments and then split into two crystals. Those will float around a bit and split into two more crystals each (for a total of four). They will then despawn. The crystals act like auras, and will hit you with an AE if you are within 100' range of them. You can only get hit once per crystal spawn (they do not chain nuke). First crystal's aura is a DD for 15,000; next two crystals are 7,500; the final four crystals are 3,250. (The spell you get hit with is called "Prismatic Aura" and is unresistable.) The Crusaders and Final 35% At 35%, the four Crusaders of Skyshrine appear and charge onto Kerafyrm's platform. Shortly thereafter Kerafyrm disables them: Foolish 'Crusaders' who dare to meddle with powers beyond their understanding, you will now pay the price for your hubris. Taste a sample of what your Fathers forced upon me! As Kerafyrm reaches 4%... The mighty Kerafyrm shrieks in terror. 'No! Not again! Nooooooooo!' Kerafyrm the Awakened groans in pain and collapses, unconscious! Charayan the Crusader shouts 'You overreach yourself again, brother, to your doom. The true children of Veeshan will not stand for your hubris. Look, you have been brought low by the mortals you so despised and your doom is complete! Trouble us no more!' The crusaders subdue Kerafyrm and the event is won. Also, if you are part of the first expedition on the server to defeat the event you gain access to the prefix "Dragonkin". Everyone who beats the event gets access to the suffix "of the Dragonslayers". The Crusaders This has no impact on the event, but if you take a moment to talk to the Crusaders they will express their gratitude: You say, 'Hail, Susarrak the Crusader' Susarrak the Crusader grins at you, showing a frightening number of razor sharp fangs. 'Our journey has reached an ending today. I am glad of heart that we were able to forstall the doom that would have been the unchecked madness of Kerafyrm.' You say, 'Hail, Jortrev the Crusader' Jortrev the Crusader says 'I do not know if greed was your motive this day, small one, but you and your companions have earned a place among the greats of history by halting a great menace to all living creatures of Norrath. Well done!' You say, 'Hail, Grendish the Crusader' Grendish the Crusader says 'We have not yet forgotten the role mortals played in granting mad Kerafyrm his freedom but the sin has been paid for today. The Dragon who Should Never Have Been slumbers once again and so he will remain until Veeshan returns to claim us all.' You say, 'Hail, Charayan the Crusader' Charayan the Crusader says 'Thank you for your assistance mortal. With your aid the mighty prismatic Dragon has been brought low again. We will prepare a new resting place for him, hidden from mortal eyes to ensure that Kerafyrm never rises again to spread his madness across Norrath.'

March 18, 2011 at 6:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

or for those that just like links to this info

16. Vishimtar the Fallen http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=17716

17. Lethar (the second version, alongside Selay the Brokenwing) http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4259

18. Big Bynn I http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4381

19. Brood Mother Visziaj http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4550

20. Kerafyrm the Awakened http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4551

March 18, 2011 at 6:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

shallazar

shud of just ddi the links =P just sayin tho

March 19, 2011 at 3:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.